Monday, August 5, 2024

Infidels, Cedar Lounge

Click image for more ...
Our friend Dave O'Halloran (aka What Wave Dave on CHRW) has been sharing on Facebook, with our grateful permission, photos that we had taken of various bands back in the 1980's. This morning Dave writes in 1980's Punk Rockers in London, Ontario group:

"More Reg Quinton pics, this time it's The Infidels circa 1981 at the Cedar Lounge.

Here's some info from guitarist/singer Dan McGrath: "That's me in the striped shirt. Andrew Glen on drums, Scott Woods at the far end and Phil Hogan playing bass. We were called the Infidels and we're about 17 at the time. We generally would open for the Zellots. We played here a couple times, the Knights of Columbus Hall and Polish Hall on Ann St. that summer. Phil was the lead singer, I only sang lead on Modern Lovers "Roadrunner" which I'm guessing we are playing in this pic. Would love to see more pics if there are any."
 
[I have only] found these 2 pics."

Bill McGrath commented, "I remember Phil, the lead singer, wearing a Val Halen t-shirt that he later printed "SUCKS" under the logo."

Clearly these images are from the Cedar Lounge and I do think it must have been a Zellots gig — the big round ball on top of the amplifier at stage left twigs with me. Dan McGrath shared a poster of a Zellots/Infidels November 1980 gig at the Knights of Columbus Hall on Colborne St. that I've added to the album. I recall an underage event their (which later became Pete Denomme's venue). The underage folk were violently ill (I assume too much alcohol) and the washroom was a sea of vomit. I suspect it was this gig in the 1980 poster.

Dan shared several posters and I have added them to the album as well.

I would never have been able to figure out the band, or band members. It's really great that Dave can post some pictures and ask, "Anyone have any idea who this band its?  Cedar Lounge circa 1981 Reg Quinton photo."

Many thanks to Dave for sorting through these old photos. There's an occasional gem to be found but always some fond memories to be shared. Thanks again!


No comments:

Post a Comment