Sunday, August 4, 2024

Great Gallery Gig, LRAG

Click image for more ...
Our friend Dave O'Halloran (aka What Wave Dave on CHRW) has been sharing on Facebook, with our grateful permission, photos that we had taken of various bands back in the 1980's. Today Dave writes in 1980's Punk Rockers in London, Ontario group:

"Here's some more Reg Quinton pics, this time it's the Great Gallery Gig held at Museum London (then called London Regional Art Gallery) circa 1984.

Pictured are; Omerta, Bits Of Food and Dormant Checker Effect. Big Thanx to Mark Favro for identifying the bands."

Page Graham comments: "Holy Shit! Jeffrey and Philby...my radio co-hosts! I'm betting it's me dancing in between them, but the photo is obscured by the sax player. Keep 'em coming, Reg! I have ZERO photos of myself from this era. There's gotta be one in your archive..."

These photos, and more, appear with some discussion in my blog post Suffer Machine at LRAG (2021). I see that many of these slides show some deterioration. Mold grows on slides and leaves spots. Worse than dust or scratches as you can tell the film emulsion is rotting away. These were probably slides that we had developed ourselves.

Many thanks to Dave for his work organizing photos and figuring out the location and time for many of these. My 15 minutes should be over soon ....

--------------
See also, Youtube videos shared by Mark Favro

No comments:

Post a Comment