Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Enemas

Click image for more photos ...
The Enemas were a college band from Guelph who played a few times at the Cedar Lounge in London (where these photos were taken). I think they scattered on graduation. The Enemas were one of my favorite bands of that time — circa 1980. I recall seeing them "before Kate (BK)" as I was discovering the punk scene and avoiding my Ph.D. work.
 
The group was Greg Jarvie (drums), Oliver Kellhammer (vocals), Derek Graham (guitar), Blaine White (guitar) and Brian Lambert (bass). Brian Lambert (on bass) was a London native who we made friends with. His brother Pete drummed with NFG/63 Monroe.

Here's some of my photos, B/W and color as well, from back in the day.


Click image for more photos ..
If you liked my previous color album of the Enemas you might like these B/W photos from a concert around Christmas of 1980. Again, at the Cedar Lounge. Joe Wyatt (why'd you do it?), Picture yourself (at Guelph!) Redneck Teenagers, and more...

The group was Greg Jarvie (drums), Oliver Kellhammer (vocals), Derek Graham (guitar), Blaine White (guitar) and Brian Lambert (bass).

I have a very rough C90 cassette of some of their music that Brian gave me. He has recently posted a couple of their tunes, using some of these pictures, as YouTube videos. See The Enemas - Joe Wyatt (2020) and The Enemas - Gang War (2020) both from the same 1979 "Living Room Session" (1979).

See also more of my blog on the Enemas (2020) and the Graphic London Underground (2012).

No comments:

Post a Comment