Sunday, March 15, 2015

The Polish Hall

The Polish Hall, on Ann Street in London, Ontario, was sometimes a venue for all age punk shows in the early 1980's. This is from a concert I attended with my chum Sandy from UWO -- this must have been the spring of 1980 before Kate and I met. I recall two bands shown here -- the Stoves and the Regulators. And several in the audience who attended in costume. I enjoyed the music immensely but I have vivid memories of a ringing in my ears that lasted for hours. It was a fun time. These photos are to share with those who can recall those exciting times.

This was a punk concert at the Polish Hall in London, Ontario. It's either 1979 or early 1980 (definitely "Before Kate"). There were several bands playing to an enthusiastic all ages audience. Photos are of two bands -- the Stoves and the Regulators. It was loud, really loud. I recall my ears ringing for hours afterwards and not knowing what the hell had gone on! I don't recall ever seeing either band again...

Here's some photos from the event,

No comments:

Post a Comment