Sunday, October 28, 2012

Graphic Underground London

Graphic Underground London was a project by Brian Lambert of the MacIntosh Gallery at the University of Western Ontario to collect and celebrate the poster art created in London, Ontario during the first punk wave of the late 1970's and early 1980's. A book was published, a gallery show staged and a musical event was held to celebrate those days.

I was peripherally involved in that punk scene through my band photography. Brian's book collects essays about the time, posters from the era and contains many of my photos taken of bands in bars around town. If you dig around in my blog you'll find lots of albums of various bands and events.

This photo album (click on the photo at left) contains some pictures from the opening of the exhibit at the Forest City Gallery (Oct 26, 2012) and a multi-band reunion show the next day at Call the Office of seminal bands who played London during that time -- the Enemas (Brian's band from Guelph), NFG/63 Monroe (who still play), the Zellots (one of my favorites) and Uranus (sadly I didn't stay for their set).

No comments:

Post a Comment