Saturday, April 19, 1980

Bob Dylan

Click image for more photos ...
I saw Bob Dylan at Massey Hall in Toronto on the "Slow Train Coming" tour and took some photos. It was a long time ago and my memories of the event are pretty faded ... I think I might have been there with Mike and Charlie. However, I do remember that Dylan was in his Christian phase at the time and had a big band with him including several singers backing him. I had seen Dylan at Maple Leaf Gardens several years earlier during the "Rolling Thunder" tour and really enjoyed that concert. I was not as keen about seeing Gospel Bob.

There's a posted set list but I cannot speak to the accuracy. Clearly he wasn't playing his back catalogue. Which would explain my disappointment.

The photo album is a collection of Black and White negatives that were scanned during the COVID-19 crisis in February of 2021. I assume they were push processed to ASA 1600. The pictures are pretty poor quality -- very overexposed in the highlights. It took me years to learn how to take successful concert photos. These aren't successful!

I've always said that the secret to taking good pictures is to take a lot of bad ones. This collection is proof that I've taken a lot bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment