Wednesday, July 10, 2024

D.O.A. - Bullwinkles (again)

Click image for more ...
Our friend Dave O'Halloran (aka What Wave Dave on CHRW) has been sharing on Facebook, with our grateful permission, photos that we had taken of various bands back in the 1980's. Today Dave writes in 1980's Punk Rockers in London, Ontario group:

"Here's the last batch of DOA pics by Reg Quinton. This time it's at Bullwinkles circa 1986.
 
Band consists of: Joey Shithead, Brian Goble (Wimpy Roy), Dave Gregg and not sure who is on the drums."

Again, I'll add that D.O.A. was one of our favorite bands of that era. These photos would have been shot with a Vivitar flash and bounce card onto slide film. Lately I've been trying again to use a flash at band concerts but it's not working out very well. 

I regret that I didn't take more pictures back then. These days, with digital cameras, I tend to shoot hundreds of pictures at an event and weed them down to the few worth sharing. For example, at the CTO event I shot over 300 frames! As I often say, the secret to taking good pictures is to take a lot of bad pictures.

Many thanks to Dave for organizing these pictures. We all appreciate his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment