Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Amanda Cevallos at The Broken Spoke

2015/02/10 Amanda Cevallos at The Broken Spoke

Amanda Cevallos & the High Hands play for tips as a dinner show before the dance at the Broken Spoke. I had a chicken fried steak (like many places they claim to be the best in all of Austin if not all of Texas), Kate struggles with the minimal vegetarian options. We've come for the music and dinner.

Amanda recognizes us from previous visits and I'm here to find out about her new album. She tells me it's only going to be released on LP, there's only going to be a pressing of 100 copies at $100 a pop, it will not be released on CD and if we want a copy we need to act fast. Hmmm... that sounds like a very odd marketing strategy. While I really like her music and have her last CD I have no desire to spin LP's and will pass on this new release.

Hopefully there will be new music coming soon in CD or iTunes format.

No comments:

Post a Comment