Saturday, April 19, 2003

Dead Rabbits

Click image for more photos ...
Further to the Boot to the Head CD Release party at Call the Office (CTO), April 2003. I have this collection of photos of the Dead Rabbits who played that night. These were posted to the 1980's Punk Rockers in London, Ontario Facebook Group where I asked for help identifying the players. Many thanks to all who commented and helped to revive distant memories.

Daniel Rudbal (of the Napalm Baby's) identified the band members: "Dave Lightfoot (bass) on the left, Wanda on Voice and Larry Brandt (guitar) on the right .. Kerry Piper would be drumming". There's some pictures of Dan singing that night with the Shmagpies and with 63 Monroe.

Mark Edmunds commented: "Wanda was Rockin it that evening. I still have the t-shirt and CD. Classic 🎶". I still have the CD as well but I must have worn out the T-shirt years ago. I've included a picture of the CD in the photo album.

I only saw the Dead Rabbits a very few times. I do recall they had a great logo (which I've included in the photo album) of dead rabbit being clutched by a punk hand. We used to have the button, but it's long gone.

I'm pretty sure the Dead Rabbits, and many of the other early 80's punk bands, had reformed for the Boot to the Head event. If Dave O'Hallaran is correct, he writes in What Wave #24 that the Dead Rabbits formed in the Fall of 1980 and folded sometime in late 1981 or early 1982. They had fun while it lasted, we did too.

Finally, this post composed and photos organized during the COVID-19 lock down of May 2021.


No comments:

Post a Comment